Always stay at home if you have complaints that are consistent with corona or if you have had contact with someone with corona. The policy for children ages 4 to 12 changed on February 8. Then these children in family quarantine must also stay at home and get tested if they have a cold.
Rules children up to 4 years old
- Are allowed to go to daycare if they have a cold, if they have an occasional cough, or with asthma or hay fever. But otherwise they stay at home.
- Can be tested for a cold, but must then stay at home until they have the results.
- Stay at home when you have a fever, shortness of breath or a lot of coughing. Always leave your child testing for more severe complaints .
- Stay at home if a housemate has a fever or shortness of breath in addition to mild corona complaints.
- Stay at home and get tested if a family member has corona.
- Stay at home and get tested like them close contact had with someone with corona.
- Stay at home and get tested if they have had contact on the day-care with someone with corona.
- Is your child very ill? Call your doctor.
If a child develops complaints during the day that match COVID-19, they will have to go home. When in doubt, we will talk to parents. For example, with the question whether these are are known (hay fever) complaints or new / unknown complaints for their child. When in doubt, we ask (guest) parents to pick up the child.